Wednesday, November 16, 2011

MISERY To Whom Shall I Tell My Grief - MY FAVOURITE SHORT STORIES REVISITED Part 4

There are times when you want to talk to someone.

You want to unburden yourself of your sorrows, you want to cry on someone’s shoulder, you want to tell someone your sob story, you desperately want to talk to someone and you realize that there is no one willing to listen to you.

Whenever I am overwhelmed by such moments, a beautiful short story by Anton Chekhov comes to my mind.

The Story is called MISERY (To Whom Shall I Tell My Grief ?).

The story depicts the overwhelming grief of a distraught father who has just lost his only son and his forlorn attempts to share his anguish with strangers.

Click the link below and read the article and story in my journal

Academic and Creative Writing Journal Vikram Karve: MISERY To Whom Shall I Tell My Grief - MY FAVOURITE SHORT STORIES REVISITED Part 4

Click the link above and read the article and story

No comments: